Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Sick = Sucks

I hate getting sick. It happens like clockwork every spring though, when the first really warm day hits. I've been told its a mold allergy - when the dead shit that was frozen all winter thaws and rots - I get hit. Sinus pressure, nasty drainage... its a rotten week ahead for me. I sound like I have been smoking for 15 years right now. Wonderful.

Anyways, tax season is almost over - a blessing and a curse. On the plus side, The Life Partner will be around again, for more than evening meals and 20 minutes of conversation. On the down side, The Life Partner will be around.... hahah! It just means an end to my pseudo-bachelor status. Less Wii and PC, more "doing stuff" and TV. Hmmm...

The last 2 years, she has literally gone and lived elsewhere for days at a time, to be closer to work. It was a nice break, and I didn't get to see all of what goes into her seasonal grind. This year I got to see it all.... I think we came out OK.

And as it happens, the Subie is coming out of its almost-5-month marathon session at the repair shop on the 15th - same day tax season ends. Talk about painful. I wasn't going to drive it this winter anyways... but its costing BIG coin to fix/upgrade/maintain, which isn't too fun. Still, it should be worth it to get it back. The motor is essentially refreshed, lots of new internals. New hoses, new clutch, new turbo... its going to be wicked fast!

Have to go now though - need to finish up at work so I can go spend my week-night with the Kids. Think we'll go to BW3 for dinner tonight... they dig it, and its Kid's night so there is free ice cream involved. Wooo Hoo!

Lata....

1 comment:

fabulous non-librarian said...

I woke up sick this morning--yicky throat sinus blech.

And I need to do my flippin' taxes, so thanks for the reminder!!! Maybe I will file an extension form and relax, though. I won't owe, so no interest or fees or anything...hmmmm.....